Monday, October 6, 2008

October update & upstream woes!

Greetings!

Last week I got nothing done on the blog, spending all my computer time processing videos instead. But I am completely up a creek for putting the videos up from home with a slow upstream connection and usually timing out before the videos are loaded. I returned to find our previous internet company canceled us for using 21 gigs of upstream bandwidth a month which they decided was too much. Apparently their definition of "unlimited" is not Webster's! Now we are stuck with only our old satellite internet connection, high speed down, slow up. What video I have put up since I have been home I have gone to Starbucks coffee shop to post and more recently the home of a generous friend with high speed.

Thus the slow appearance of new videos - and I have so many great ones to share!

I had a smooth trip home, but I suffered about 2 days of jet lag this time. Still made it back to all my classes with Bungee & Guinness. Both dogs worked so well, the time off was OK.

Bungee must have been sleeping on the 2 X 2 instructions while I was away as she welcomed me home with brilliant weaves! Since getting home our biggest agility training efforts are going towards weaves for her, acceleration & deceleration for me, handling of course and working through toy distractions. Obedience has been sorely neglected - yikes(!) as have contacts. Back to class for obedience tonight!

We are awaiting a site inspection on our property to see if we can get line-of-sight high speed from a newer tower that's gone up. Fingers crossed!

Meanwhile, the blog will be back to life now.

Still have my trip photos to download, and 1+ days of World Championship video yet to process - part of Saturday & all of Sunday.

I had a great time in Finland. Kittos paljon to our Kvarkin family for your friendship & generosity once again. I can't wait to see you all again next year!

Happy Training...It's About Love!

No comments: