Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

Greg & Laura Derrett Seminar

Bungee and I had the good fortune to attend 4 seminar workshops with Greg & Laura Derrett, during their latest visit to Say Yes Dog Training here in Ontario last week. We took our RV to stay in at the school. I am very disappointed to again report there was NO high speed for us to use the entire time. There is quite a lot of construction going on there and nothing was available with the temporary interruption of all the work. This was disastrous for my husband who had planned to work, and frustrating for me, looking forward to spending spare time in the evenings uploading videos. We had to come home Thursday & Friday for my husband to be able to work, but we returned on the weekend for two more days of training.

I was concnerned that all of it would be a stretch for Bungee who has never done any sequences that size before. But Susan and Laura assured me if we hit areas that were too advanced we'd just break the work down. That was very encouraging. I knew going in that Bungee would hold her own with all the skills she's learned to date and her attitude for the work.

Bungee worked full days in "Double Box Day", "Lead Out's & Positional Cues", "Driving Lines & Cueing Turns", and "Deceleration, Acceleration & Turning Cues", the last being a sort of culmination of the whole week's training as well.

We had a great time in the seminars. Bungee was the yougest dog there and was holding her own very well. Her turns are excellent and her talent is obvious. Finding & driving lines was/is a needy area for her progress and acceleration & deceleration is a needy area for me to work on. I have to improve my running. We shot lots of video and took some pictures too, soon to come.

Now we are again overloaded with agility homework plans, besides the on-going weaves & contacts, but it's great work we will enjoy. The fall season is upon is and it may be the most beautiful time of year in Ontario, the colors are incredible and the warm temperatures and sunny days have been glorious.

Happy Training...It's About Love!

No comments: