Monday, June 23, 2008

Reunion Mistake

I interrupt this blog to advise each of my email contacts to please ignore any email from reunion.com supposedly on my behalf.

In fact, I would encourage anyone not interested in this "social network" to run like the plague from that site!

This weekend I was in the process of trying to find a long, lost relative. I found a supposed link to information about that person on reunion.com. I had to "register" to see what information was there, which was free, but I was soon caught up in a a tricky question, obviously answered incorrectly since the site immediately started to download the contents of my entire address book! ACKK!!!!!!

I knew in a moment what had happened and tried to stop it, but it was too late.

As it turned out, I did finally locate the the "long, lost relative" (not through any help of reunion.com) and what do you know if they didn't wind up being listed on reunion.com the exact same way that I did - by an unwitting mistake.

Pretty shabby way to do business in my book, but some people like social networks and think it's just great. I'm not one of them.

Many apologies for any inconveniences or questions as to the legitimacy of this event and the emails to my contacts this site has generated. Kindly disregard.
Thank you.

No comments: