Saturday, June 7, 2008

June Trial

How HOT Is it?

I'm not sure anyone wanted to know that today! This weekend is Tamsu's June Agility Trial and it's a hot one! 32 c. in the shade, 39 c. heat index, an actual record-breaker according to the news. Thank goodness for strong breezes!

This was Bungee's 2nd trial experience. It was Guinness and my 1st time back in the ring since we lost Ketchy. It felt really good to be back in the ring, running with our friends, one little Terrier fella' in particular...Guinness, who did absolutely great! It just thrilled me to see him enjoying it so much and that just means everything to me! No Q's today but he really made me proud, plus two 2nd's & a 1st as a bonus!

Bungee was great too! She is a dream to have at a trial, and she is ready to work! She stayed in the ex-pen with Guinness under our shady tent and never made a peep. She just relaxed & enjoyed the view.
I'm told she talks her funny voice when she can hear me in the ring, and she talks to me when I return to her too. I spent my breaks & after my runs with the dogs and she got to go all around with me.

I ran 3, worked 6, and now I'm cooked like a baked apple - and about the color of one too! It was SO hot, I sent the dogs home with their "dad" about 3 p.m. I stayed on for ring crewing, and at the end helped with course building for tomorrow.

Plans for tomorrow - more of the same.

Guinness is entered in only 2 runs. But now it's supposed to be even hotter, higher humidity and big thunderstorms (again! that's 6 out of the last 7 days!) I may leave the dogs home with the DH and just go and help tomorrow. This is a "game" and that means it's supposed to be FUN, right?


Tomorrow in honor of the heat (or is it the team?), there is a human pool party fund raiser for the Canadian Agility Team (CAT Team) on the premises. That sounds MUCH more sensible to me! But don't worry, the dogs have several pools set up for them too!
(click on the link to check out the team's website)

In honor of all the big hearted dogs out there running in that heat today, I've posted a little fictional story I came across next. Happy to report that overall today was a MOST pleasant trial experience for Bungee and all of us. Not only did we have many dear friends there to welcome us back and cheer us on, but every handler there would have passed this next "hypothetical" test!
Would you?


No comments: